The Chronicles of Akin: The Mayhem (5)



The Chronicles of Akin


Lost in deep thought, Akin was brought back to life by the buzz from his phone – his favourite Dorobucci was his phone ring tone. The phone was ringing. He quickly left the bathroom – naked – to answer the phone call. He has spent more than 25 minutes in the bathroom recalling yesterday’s scene. ‘Hello, bro...’ ‘Guy, how far na? You no even give feedback whether you go do the job abi you no go do am...’ That was Shola speaking in pidgin from the other end of the line. ‘Sholey, e don happen ooo’ Akin lamented. ‘Wetin happen?’ inquired the other guy. ‘Well,’ continued Akin ‘Yesterday when I was coming back to my house after we departed, I entered a very big trouble...’ Akin narrated the whole scenario to his friend. ‘This is bull shit’ Kola replied. ‘You know what, try to go check the boy in the hospital this morning and check his health. Also, go straight to the police station and let them know about the whole incidence. I will call you.’ Shola concluded. ‘but I don’t have any money right now.’ Akin complained.  ‘Ok, I will transfer some money into your account’ Shola said and terminated to the call.

 *****
‘It’s you, ehn?’ ‘Oloriburuku, you want to kill my son! Na inside prison you go die! Na God go punish you...’ That was Mrs. Ajala, mother of the wounded boy whose name is also Akin – full name Akinremi Ajala. She was screaming and shouting at Akin. She wanted to tear him apart but the people around in the hospital saved him. ‘Are you Mr. Akinola Enimoo?’ A man’s voice asked from Akin’s back. Akin turned around to see who the questioner was. ‘Yes, I am’ he replied looking at the gentle man. ‘I am Tayo Williams and this is my partner, Sergeant Hassan Ahmed’ he cleared his throat and continued ‘We are from Isolo Police Station. If you won’t mind, we will like to have a little chit chat with you in our station.’ ‘okay’ that was all Akin could say. He knew his wallet has reached police station. He looked down at the wounded Akin on the bed. His wrist has been treated, surgically joined and heavily bandaged. The boy was already awake. He said to his mum ‘Na him be dat.’ the mother said she knew.

‘So, Mr. Akinola Enimoo, can you tell us what happened yesterday... why did you decided to rob the students?’ Akin was shocked to hear the statement. ‘What?’ he asked in dismay ‘You heard me of course.’ The inspector emphasised. ‘I wasn’t robbing anybody.’ ‘Okay then, tell me all the truth of what happened between you and those boys. ‘Who told you I was robbing the boys?’ Akin asked. ‘That’s not the answer to the question I asked you.’ The inspector said angrily. ‘you want to pretend abi?’ Akin narrated the whole incident and it was written down. ‘Who was there when all these happened and can testify to it that you are telling the truth?’ the man asked. ‘Well, the boy I told you I was chatting with before Tanjigo hit me can testify to it.’ Akin said. ‘You mean Biodun?’ ‘Is that his name?’ Akin asked. The man nodded. ‘if that’s his name, then he would testify that I was only trying to help before it turned out to something else.’ Akin concluded. ‘Well, Mr. Akinola Enimoo, you’d better get yourself a very good lawyer. I’m sorry, this Biodun you talked about said something entirely different from your story.’ He said conclusively. Akin’s heart sank.
On his way home, Akin called his friend, Shola and the later told him to come directly to his house. Akin was so much absorbed in thought.
(to be continued...)

Post a Comment

0 Comments