No Longer At Ease, Chinua Achebe


Obi Okonkwo is a young man who has a great mind and determination to change the cancker worm of corruption that has eaten deep into the Nigerian Civil service. He believes himself to be righteous and never for once had the intention of taking "kola". However, when "water pass gari for him" as a result of life not always being as smooth as we always think, he had no choice but to accept little "kola" from people who offered to give him in order for them to get scholarships. Then one day, there was a turn of event... And the heaven was let lose.

 This is the second of Chinua Achebe's book that I'd read. Well, it really isn't the second. It's more or less like my first (as the first one I read, Chike and the River was just an excerpt from the full story).

No Longer at Ease is a continuation of Achebe's  Things Fall Apart (I haven't read that anyway).

So, this is my first Achebe's. It is a very beautiful African literature that portrays the clash between the European culture  and African culture.

It was a very good read. My rating for this book is 5 star! In the future, I will read more of Achebe's.

Post a Comment

0 Comments