My 2016 Reading Challenge

2015 has been an amazing year. During last year, I joined GoodReads on May and I was able to successfully read some books (novels) aside numerous academic books. Although prior to joining GoodReads.com, I have been reading novels but I have not been dedicated to it. Between May and December, I was able to read only 14 books. I know, that was pretty small compare to the real book lovers. Well, I just had to start from somewhere. You may think of me as a lazy/slow reader but the real thing is that there are a whole lot of very many other commitments out of which I had to squeeze out time for reading novels.

Well, this new year 2016, I have set my goals to reading only 25 books on GoodReads.com and I am not sure how I will be able to meet up with this goal. This is due to the fact that I will be working on my final year project this year and I have a whole lots of more academic books and materials to study, examinations, tests, practicals and plus a host of other activities. I just hope I will be able to achieve this.


Well, there is no harm in trying this. It is all about passion. So, this year, I want to give it a trial to see how far I can go. Also, I want to ensure maximum management and update of this blog. (My other colleagues have been so occupied with other activities; likewise myself). As a result, we've not been able to keep this blog up-to-date. So, part of my plan is to see if I will be able to manage this blog.

As you can see, it even took me 17 days into the year 2016 before I can update this blog... that shows how busy you can be.

Before I proceed any further, let me quickly give you a run down of the twelve books I read in the year 2015 (between May and December):

  1. Gulliver's Travels - Jonathan Swift
  2. Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson's Story
  3. Angels & Demons - Dan Brown 
  4. Out of the Silent Planet - C.S. Lewis 
  5. The Bourne Legacy - Eric Lustbader
  6. The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown 
  7. The Chronicles of Narnia (Part 1 to 7) - C.S. Lewis 
  8. The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood - Howard Pyle 
  9. The Fan - Bob Randall 
  10. Hope Was Here - Joan Bauer 
  11. Odysseus - Homer
  12. Inferno - Dan Brown
  13. A Million Little Pieces - James Frey
  14. The Liars' Club - Mary Karr  

So, the following books are my picks for the year 2016:

Oops! I am being lazy again! I don't want to list them here... instead, I will just provide you with a link to my to-read list on GoodReads.com:

My Picks for the year 2016 (N:B I will just pick randomly and read if time permits)

Thank you for being part of my success story in the year 2015. Let's fly together in  the year 2016 :)

Do not forget to subscribe to this blog.

SURVIVE YEAR 2016!

Post a Comment

0 Comments