Day Dreamer: A fool and His money

A fool and his Money
Once upon a time, there lived a very old man and his only son. This man was extremely old and weak. He was a very poor farmer who never has his own farmland. He only worked for people in order to make living and that was the way he brought up his only son. His son has always been fantasizing to be rich and very many times, he got lost day dreaming. His father always warns him and told him to work hard in order to achieve success.



One day, on his sick bed while he was dying, the old man called his son and asked him to take out a box from under the bed. The young man did as he was told. ‘My son,’ the weak old man said faintly, ‘this is all I have left for you in this world. Use it wisely, and you shall be successful.’ He coughed and then died gently.

After the burial, the young man sat down, unlocked the box and brought out ten pieces of beautiful and expensive glass jar. He was happy. He arranged them on top of one another right in his front where he was sitting down on the chair. He said to himself:
  ‘I will sell these ten pieces of glass jar at a very great price. Then I will use the money to buy twenty pieces. And I will sell those twenty pieces even at higher price and then buy forty pieces which I will sell and I will continue like that till I have thousands of pieces. And then I will become very rich. Then I will build a house – a very big house that is better than anybody else’s in this kingdom. Then I will have plenty of horses – most of which will be white stallion. I will then buy a very large farm piece of land and I will employ over a thousand farmers that will be working for me. And then I will get married... hmm...Who should I marry...? Yes! The princess! I will marry the princess. She will come to live in my big house and then one day, she will misbehave and I will be angry – very angry. And then I will not eat the food she cooks. Then she will kneel down to beg me and apologize but I will not accept her apologies. Then she will go to the palace and call her mother, the queen. The queen will come and apologize and she will kneel down in my front and I will kick her...  

As the young man thought of the action word ‘kick’ he unconsciously raised up and jerked forward his leg to demonstrate the action “kick” but he eventually unwittingly kicked the glass jar he had arranged in his front and it all broke and shattered into pieces. Then he came back to his senses and started crying. Moral of the story: Do not build a castle in the air. Do not count your chicken until they hatch, grow and you either killed them or sold them. For a fool and his money are soon parted.

Post a Comment

0 Comments