I looked around
I saw no one
I feared... Is this the end?
I asked myself,
How will I meet my Lord
If my swalaat is tattered like this?
For surely I was never perfect.
My mind has surely sailed away
Time without number during my stands in
front of Him.
I have, on several occasions, wandered away
In my body and soul while performing
swalaat.
I have been on campus
For quite a time
And I’ve seen a lot of sinful things
which I am supposed to protect my eyes from.
My eyes sent the evil messages to my brain
And my brain sets my minds in action.
I have wandered in wonder
Or maybe wondered in wander,
Will I ever be able to meet my Lord
In a state that I will be proud of?
I have said things
Which I was supposed to protect my tongue
from
And so my hears have heard things
That they are not supposed to hear...
But alas!
I will seek forgiveness...
Subhanallah! No, I seek forgiveness
From Him the exalted in might
Who surely forgives.
I was afraid of the unseen
Because I never know when the time might
comes
For me to return to my Lord
To account for all I have done in deeds.
I pray my heart comes back on the right
path
The way of those on whom He had bestowed
His grace
To make my feet stand firm
On the solid rock of truth.
Oh Allah!
Please protect me from the evil of my
heart.
For surely I am not perfect.
PS:
"swalaat" is also referred to as "salaat" in Islam which means "prayer" It is the obligatory prayer for all Muslims.
"swalaat" is also referred to as "salaat" in Islam which means "prayer" It is the obligatory prayer for all Muslims.
If you find this poem interesting, please share with your loved ones
0 Comments
Tell us your opinion about this post.