Poem: Childhood Memory



Childhood
The sun is bright in the sky
It is time for us to play game
A game of hunting
For the lizard is the lion
And the insects we hunt them down
Polythene is the hunting bag
And catapult is the gun
While stones remain the bullets

In the bush there we go
Pa! Pa! Pa!
Tick! Tick! Tick!
The hunting game goes on and on
Perhaps till the time we are tired
We still have house to play
I am the “Daddy”
She is the “Mummy”
Dolls become our children

The insects, our meats and fishes
Leaves and broken pots for food
Sand becomes our rice
And pond water becomes our tea

Noisily and happily
We sing songs of joy
We sit under the mango tree
This serves as our home

Suddenly mama comes out and calls
“Ola, come it’s time lunch”
And the play ends at that
I will surely come back tomorrow
For I’m just a little child
That knows nothing but to play



Post a Comment

0 Comments